An abridged history of the Yass Veterinary Hospital as well as our current team members.
In the Beginning:The Yass Veterinary Hospital was established by Ian Nielson in 1973 and primarily provided veterinary services for the surrounding rural community having an 80% large animal base with 2 veterinary practitioners. Since then the practice has grown considerably and now has an 80% small animal base with the other 20% comprising large and farm animals. In 1984 the practice was acquired by Dr Peter Gibbs who then commenced to expand the practice. In 1992 Peter opened a branch of the practice in Murrumbateman to service the growth in small properties being experienced in that area. In 1996 Dr Stuart Williams bought into the practice and became a full partner. Due to the expansion of the practice a part time manager was appointed in 2006. The practice has continued to go from strength to strength and prides itself in providing outstanding veterinary services to the Yass Valley Community. In January 2010 Stuart purchased Peter's share of the business following Peter's decision to cut back his involvement in the practice.
The Growing YearsWith the demands of an increasing client base and an ever-changing business environment the practice has refined its outlook to become a team based and values driven small to medium enterprise. Considerable effort has gone into establishing our team and values in order that truly professional and exceptional care is provided both to our patients as well as our clients. As our operating environment continues to change then we feel we have established within our team the skills and expertise to meet and embrace these changes so that our care is always contemporary and our services exceptional.The practice now has 6 veterinary practitioners (5 full time and 1 part time) with a complimentary veterinary nursing and support staff of 11. All together they make up a very skilled, experienced and professional team capable of providing extensive veterinary medical, surgical and ancillary services.
Where we're going...
We aim to
- help you keep your animals healthy and happy by providing high quality and compassionate veterinary medical, surgical and ancillary services to the Yass Valley district.
- deliver these services in a cost effective manner, balancing at all times the needs of both patients and clients while maintaining the traditional values of a caring community service.
- continue to enhance honest and respectful relationships with our clients.
Our Vet Team:
|Dr Stuart Williams
|Dr Tamara Butler
|Dr Rachael O'Leary
|Dr Fiona McPhail
|Dr Fiona Kelk
Our Nursing Team:
and Head Vet Nurse
Senior Vet Nurse and
Assistant Head Vet Nurse
Kennel Hand /
Our Support Team:
trainee vet nurse
- New Opening Hours for our Murrumbateman Clinic
- From Friday 6 Dec and every Friday after that we will be open from 8am to 6pm.
- Our pets can have dental disease too.
- Call us now to arrange a free dental check for your dog, cat or horse.
Helping you keep your animals healthy and happy!