An abridged history of the Yass Veterinary Hospital as well as our current team members.
In the Beginning:The Yass Veterinary Hospital was established by Ian Nielson in 1973 and primarily provided veterinary services for the surrounding rural community having an 80% large animal base with 2 veterinary practitioners. Since then the practice has grown considerably and now has an 80% small animal base with the other 20% comprising large and farm animals. In 1984 the practice was acquired by Dr Peter Gibbs who then commenced to expand the practice. In 1992 Peter opened a branch of the practice in Murrumbateman to service the growth in small properties being experienced in that area. In 1996 Dr Stuart Williams bought into the practice and became a full partner. Due to the expansion of the practice a part time manager was appointed in 2006. The practice has continued to go from strength to strength and prides itself in providing outstanding veterinary services to the Yass Valley Community. In January 2010 Stuart purchased Peter's share of the business following Peter's decision to cut back his involvement in the practice.
The Growing YearsWith the demands of an increasing client base and an ever-changing business environment the practice has refined its outlook to become a team based and values driven small to medium enterprise. Considerable effort has gone into establishing our team and values in order that truly professional and exceptional care is provided both to our patients as well as our clients. As our operating environment continues to change then we feel we have established within our team the skills and expertise to meet and embrace these changes so that our care is always contemporary and our services exceptional.The practice now has 6 veterinary practitioners (5 full time and 1 part time) with a complimentary veterinary nursing and support staff of 11. All together they make up a very skilled, experienced and professional team capable of providing extensive veterinary medical, surgical and ancillary services.
Where we're going...
We aim to
- help you keep your animals healthy and happy by providing high quality and compassionate veterinary medical, surgical and ancillary services to the Yass Valley district.
- deliver these services in a cost effective manner, balancing at all times the needs of both patients and clients while maintaining the traditional values of a caring community service.
- continue to enhance honest and respectful relationships with our clients.
Our Vet Team:
|Dr Stuart Williams
|Dr Tamara Butler
|Dr Rachael O'Leary||Dr Victoria Buck|
|Dr Fiona McPhail|
Our Nursing Team:
Head Vet Nurse
Senior Vet Nurse
Kennel Hand /
Our Support Team:
trainee vet nurse
- Snakes are still about so please take care with your pets when they are out.
- Arthritis is not just a problem for us but a problem for older pets too.
- Do you have a dog or cat that is over 5 years of age? If you do it is considered a senior and needs extra care.
- Fleas are abundant this season - call in for your pet's flea prevention today.
Helping you keep your animals healthy and happy!